Carlton & Keleen Beal
In 1959, Carlton and Keleen Beal established a major Midland family foundation that was the beginning of a legacy of philanthropy that included programs and buildings at Midland College.
The Beal Foundation was created in 1959, placing emphasis on educational, religious and charitable causes. Keleen also served as chairman of the Foundation's board. In recognition of its service to the community, the Beal Foundation received the Permian Basin's National Philanthropy Day "Outstanding Foundation Award" in 1998. Midland College would continue to be a major recipient of grants from the Foundation. Members of the Beal family, were honored for their contributions to the college when Beal Plaza was dedicated in 1978.
MC projects and programs that have benefited from the generosity of Keleen, Carlton Beal and the Beal Foundation include the Dorothy & Todd Aaron Medical Science Building, the Advanced Technology Center, Athletics, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Dr. Gregory Bartha Health Sciences Scholarship, Beal Plaza, Chaparral Circle Endowment Fund, Court of Honor, Fox Science Building, Friends of the Series, General Academic Scholarships and the Williams Regional Technical Training Center.
The Beal family legacy of supporting Midland College continued through their son, Spencer. He joined the MC Foundation Board in 1984, and served as the board's president from 1992-1996. In recognition of his service to the community, Spencer received the Permian Basin's National Philanthropy Day "Outstanding Volunteer Award" in 2005.